Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Scooter Cannonball Logistics

Will, the support truck driver, sent instructions today.  They are quite detailed and very fair for everyone involved.

I will be taking Rocket to Tennessee with Mike, from Fort Lauderdale.  Mike is driving and using a borrowed or rented trailer.  We go up Saturday, May 24, returning the next day.

The truck and trailer leave Tennessee on May 27 with five scooters and three people.  They pick up Frank in Omaha on May 28.

Mike and I are flying separately but will meet them in Prince George, BC.

I found out in the message that there is no room for me or Mike in the truck so we will be riding the remaining 440 miles to Stewart BC./Hyder, AK. in two stages.  One is to Smithers where we spend the night, the next to Stewart.

I will send as much of my stuff as possible on the truck, leaving a carry on only for the flight.  It all has to be light because I will be bring it all home on the scooter from New Orleans at the end of this adventure.

It is getting real now.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great adventure! I shall enjoy reading your blog on the trip!

    ReplyDelete