Wednesday, September 16, 2015

MP3 Fall Gathering

I was supposed to ride to Vogel State Park in North Georgia tomorrow morning with Mike.  The ride was to attend the Fall Gathering of the MP3 crowd (a few who still ride the three wheeled scooters).  I don't have one but like the group and enjoyed attending the last two, once on my Honda a year ago, then on Razzo in the spring.

But my slow recovery has left me uncomfortable and unable to ride safely.

It is a real bummer, but I will be riding again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Imagine you ride when you're not 100%, and that makes you a tiny bit clumsier, and the bike is just a tad unbalanced at a stoplight, and you feel it tipping. You're faced with two bad choices: letting it drop or wrenching your gut keeping it up.

    Staying put and riding later is a really smart choice. Hang in there. The ultimate pleasure of riding after the longer than expected hiatus will be all the sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first paragraph is exactly what the scooter riding surgeon told me. He said, in no uncertain terms, "you will drop it"

      While I love riding, I am also not crazy. I can wait until I am strong enough to catch the scooter if it starts to fall. But it is very frustrating to be missing out on some nice rides I had on my calendar.

      Delete
  2. I was quite surprised by how painful this operation is. I like how the doctors call these things "routine" and then you feel like that.
    If this is having a hernia I don't think much of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recovery has stabilizes with me stuck with a constant skin pain (feels like hair is being torn out) and a low level ache in the hernia area. I was hoping to be normal by now but will patiently wait a bit longer.

      Delete