Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hi Viz Me

It has been a slow month posting here.  Not many for November as I just didn't have anything to say.

But, because it is December now, I will try to get caught up.

I actually have a few ideas that need to be properly vetted, then posted.

The first new piece is that I have a new riding coat  It was given to me by Bill Dog, my Iron Butt riding companion from October.  I accepted the gift, even though I have been quite vocal in the past about my negative feelings about Hi Viz gear.  I always found it to be unnecessary, and unusually aggressive and ugly.  For years I have been wearing what I call "High Visibility Black", but now don't mind wearing it as I got a bright helmet a year ago that is, by far, the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn.  Those following on group rides often comment about how much they like it because it is easier to spot me ahead while leading.  So I wear it.

It is not an off the rack coat.  It was made by another friend, Bob Arnold, also known as Flordian on MV.  He works for NASA and had the ability to purchase some leftover field coats.  They were the usual government issue hi viz color.  From there he added Vespa and Piaggo patches and reflective tape to make them even more highly visible.

I have found it to be perfect for Florida winter riding as it has a tight closure at the wrists and zips up around the neck, keeping the cool air out.  It is not heavy enough for super cold weather, but we don't have that here.

Me wearing it at the warehouse before a beautiful breakfast ride last Sunday.

Can you see me?

Can you see me?

Turning onto 301.  Can you see me?

At Country Cabin for Breakfast.  Can you see me?




No comments:

Post a Comment