Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Riding Vanessa

Last night the scooter club ride was to Buca di Beppo, an Italian chain fifteen miles south of home.

Russ led, as he does on Tuesdays and I filled in second.

He takes photos of these rides and got a few of me riding Vanessa, a rare treat for me.

This one is becoming my go-to scooter these days.  She is smoother and quieter than the others with a stiffer fame, better suspension and brakes than the other two.  Not as fast as Razzo and she still leaks coolant after hard runs, but I am enjoying getting her out.






4 comments:

  1. I'm curious why there would be such a noticeable variance among GTs. Also, where is the leak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, the explanation of the differences is mostly mileage. Rocket: 70,000 miles, Razzo: 19,000, Vanessa: 8,000 miles.

      The leak comes only after sitting overnight after a long, hard ride. There will be a small puddle at the center stand. I plan to change all the major hoses and clamps before too long. I hope that cures it, but I have ridden it around 2500 miles since the first of the year and it continues to be a good one.

      Delete
  2. That sounds exactly like the leak I fixed a while back. There is a joint in the coolant hose that runs along the left side of the floor.

    Here's what it looks like.

    That's where my leak was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David. Sounds like it is time for me to practice some more mechanical work and replace that hose.

      Delete