Monday, July 13, 2015

Wisconscoot

Several months ago, I noticed that a Wisconsin scooter ride was being organized by fledermaus, AKA Dave Langholff, a friend (among many others) that I have made through Modern Vespa.

Because my father is from Wisconsin and my son. Sam, lives in Chicago, I thought it would be a fun event to attend.  The chosen rally town is Sparta, a small town in western Wisconsin surrounded by good scooter roads.  I enjoy few things better than riding good scooter roads with friends.

I presented the idea to Sam several months ago and he said that he would like to come along so we have arranged to meet in Madison, Wisconsin.  I will be flying there on Thursday.  Once there, Dave has hooked me up with Madison Sully (Robert) and sulli0926 (wife Nora).  They have offered for my use, a Vespa 250 GTS.

I arrive in Madison around noon and will proceed to Nora's office where she will have the Vespa waiting.  Because Sam doesn't arrive until 7:00 I have the afternoon for exploring.  I intend to ride teh back roads to Spring Green to see Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's school in the rolling hills.  Then I will return and take Sam and the hosts to dinner at a restaurant suggested by Robert.

Friday morning we will ride together to Sparta, arriving in time for the Friday group ride arranged by Dave.  Sam and I will stay both Friday and Saturday nights.  He has to be in Chicago Sunday night for work on Monday.  I am leaving Madison on Monday.

I would have enjoyed riding there from home, but timing just didn't work this time.

I will try to write something here every night.


No comments:

Post a Comment