Monday, December 3, 2018

SFMOMA

Art is a strange thing.

Especially modern art.

But we went to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art a couple of days ago.

We started on the fourth floor, and headed to the most basic of modern art.

The first paintings were blocks of color that, while cool on some level, look like something I could create in half a day in my garage.  But I didn't come up with the idea and convince critics that is is indeed art.

From there we continued to move around and the art became much more to my liking.

Andy Warhol, Roy Liechtenstein, Henri Matisse, Alexander Calder, Paul Klee, Jackson Pollack and my new favorite, Wayne Thiebaud.

I decided to try to photograph the simple works in a simple form, straight ahead with lines as square as possible with a touch of floor on each.

I learned a bit while there and enjoyed everything I saw.

Sara and Sam in front of a rainy window.

Sam contemplating the art.

Sam again.  































No comments:

Post a Comment