Thursday, June 30, 2016

Cannonball Daily Guides

Mark, the main organizer this year, asked me if I could help by making the daily guides.  That is a little booklet of each day including an overall map of the day, photos and a detailed satellite map of each checkpoint and the finish and an elevation graph.

The cover gives each rider a place to put their time of day at each of the checkpoints and the finish.

I couldn't figure out what app to use to create them, but settled on Microsoft Word.

Mark had to assist in getting the turn by turn description to me.  Then I took it and modified it to fit the format.

I am pleased but I am sure that we will find some errors along the way.

The printing company does all of my "blueprints" as they used to be called.  They did a fine job running them, but I wish I had asked them to sort them with package having all 11 day instead of each package having each day.  We can bust them up to hand them out on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment