Sunday, February 1, 2015

My New, Old Lambretta

Today I finally took delivery of a 1965 Lambretta Li125.  I wrote about it before, but it has belonged to a friend who has kept it in her garage for the past 30 years.  She wanted to give it to her daughter but that never happened, so one day when I was talking scooters to another friend, she overheard the conversation and let me know that she had it.  I jumped on the opportunity but, because of the negotiated deal for the purchase, I have put off picking it up until I had time to fulfill my end of the bargain, that being to design a new porch on back of her house in exchange for the scooter.  I still don't have time but I will get started this week by measuring the existing house and doing a preliminary design.

The Lambretta doesn't run but looks like it will be easy to get it going as everything turns over and works except the front brake.  The plan is to take it to the warehouse as soon as possible to let Boris look it over to see what needs to be done.  I am optimistic in thinking that it will be easy to get it running.  We will have to give it some time and effort, but getting it back to good condition will be a fun adventure.


Taking delivery from the previous owner.  Luckily she lives only four blocks from my house

We inflated the tires, found neutral and it was an easy push home.

Home at last.

I really like the split seats.  They are in good condition too.

Current license plate...1975

The other side

1965 Lambretta Li125

Its new home in the garage.  Luckily Vanessa was in the office garage.  I will have to do some rearranging to allow all of them to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment