Friday, April 20, 2018

Lostboater Heads West

April 19 marked the unofficial beginning of the 2018 Scooter Cannonball Run for my team, Squadra Lumaca.

It began when Ken, Lostboater, left his home in St. Petersburg, Florida, heading to California.

I couldn't let him leave without some support, so I rode to Perry to meet up with him, then ride to Port St. Joe for his first overnight.

I started by leaving my new camera at my office.  I realized it ten miles into the ride but couldn't turn back as I had timed it close to meet Ken.

So I used my five year old iPhone for the few photos.

He wasn't at McDonalds, the meeting place when I arrived.  It turned out he had arrived quite a bit early and  used the time to go shopping.  He made it back a few minutes after I got there.

We decided to wait until Eastpoint to eat Lynn's, our favorite.  But as we passed Posey's in Panacea, Ken circled back for us to dine there.  I had the fried shrimp lunch special, Ken had a grouper salad.  Both were very good.

We then continued to Port St. Joe, where we booked a room at the Port Inn, an old but remodeled place downtown.  We had drinks in their bar, then walked downtown for dinner, where we selected the Indian Pass Raw Bar for oysters and wings.

We walked around the town in the morning, had breakfast in the hotel, then off he went heading 3000 miles west as I turned east for the 270 mile ride home.

I will see him again on May 24th in Morro Bay.

It begins.

Refueling in Apalachicola

Sun setting on our after dinner walk around Port St. Joe.

Getting ready for the ride out.

No comments:

Post a Comment